FORUM

Thread: Key fob locking

Key fob locking

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have just bought a 2005 Volante and am in love with the car totally amazing. Just got a few minor problems. Any feedback on how to resolve would be great.

1) The car will lock with the key fob although the indicators dont flash, and the passenger and boot lock straight away and the drivers door locks after 30 seconds. When unlocking the indictors flash and both doors and boot are unlocked.

2) The fuel filler cap doesnt opperate from the switch and has to be opperated by pulling a pull inside the boot. the previous owner said its just sticking abit and a drop of WD40 will sort it. I have spared a drop and it still doent release?

Regards

Steve

1) That's an odd one. Does your car lock itself entirely in 30 seconds (when nothing is pressed) after you get out?

2) I remember when i picked up my new car that a mechanic had mentioned that the fuel filler caps on Astons could stick sometimes (so be a more gentle). has to do with the mechanism and would need adjustments for it to function correctly again. I don't exactly know off hand though what would need adjustments/fixing though but you may want to peak around at how it works

Hi thanks for the information.

I am also looking for the cap that covers the seat belt bolting point just above the drivers right shoulder, Aston will only sell a full seat belt kit. Was told by the dealer to find out from a forum what car the seat belt would have came from, as Aston didnt make seat belts and it would problably be the same part fitted to a more main stream car. Any ideas?

Regards

Steve

Funny that, just brought a 2005 coupe and the petrol cap is sticking also also the boot will sometimes not open with the switch in the car or the remote ,however if you press the the boot release on the key fob at the same time as the switch in the car it will open weird not had a chance to look at it yet also 6 stacker cd does not work so need a new unit if anyone knows of one and front discs and pads seem to be only OEM ones available.

That sounds like a handful! But hopefully all minimal. Curious if the boot when both buttons are pressed is by chance. Technically that sounds a bit odd as the same signal should be sent to the boot either way...! Let us know what you find

Having a weird problem with locking and unlocking as well. Is there anything I can do on my own to try to fix it or should just take the car to the shop?